This course will provide theory and hands-on training for the Cat AP100F, AP1055F, AP600F, AP655F, AP500F and AP555F asphalt pavers consisting of:
- Complete study of hydraulic and electrical schematics
- System operations
- Troubleshooting with ECMs
- Calibration of ECMs
- Critical tractor adjustments
- There will be a written examination after each major system is covered.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to
- Trace the flow of oil through the hydraulic systems
- Test and adjust hydraulic pressures
- Troubleshoot hydraulic and electrical systems
- Explain ECM functions and calibration steps
NOTE: Automations and screed setup are briefly covered in this course.
Who should attend:
- Technical communicators
- Service technicians
- Training instructors
Attendees are required to have attended Introduction to Asphalt Pavers.
Recommended reading (download available through publications.cat.com) includes:
- Asphalt Paving and Principles and Techniques (QEDQ1277-02)
- Paving by the Numbers (QEDQ1843-01)